In celebration of Women’s History Month, Shout! Factory TV is proud to present content that highlights the contributions of women to entertainment and pop culture. There’s something for everyone, from vintage interviews to narrative marvels.
Every Wednesday in March, The Carol Burnett Show Channel will shine a light on the many amazing women who have shared their voices on the show. This includes classic film stars like Lana Turner, Rita Hayworth, and Gloria Swanson; comedians Ruth Buzz, Lily Tomlin, and Joan Rivers; the illustrious Betty White; and Isabel Sanford, the first and only black woman to win the Emmy Award for Best Lead Actress in a Comedy Series (The Jeffersons). Tune in to TheCarolBurnettShow.TV.
Thursdays are when The Johnny Carson Show Channel will feature its most awe-inspiring female guests, including comedic trailblazer Lucille Ball, inimitable actress and writer Carrie Fisher, the legendary Jane Goodall, and the prima-donna herself, Miss Piggy. Watch on JohnnyCarson.TV.
For those looking for more to watch this month, we have 2 VOD playlists celebrating Women’s History Month – Distinguished Directors and Unforgettable Characters. And for more specific title recommendations, here are a few of our other female-driven films for any mood that you can find wherever you watch Shout! Factory TV:
- Short Term 12 – A 20-something supervising staff member of a residential treatment facility (Brie Larson) navigates the troubled waters of that world, alongside her co-worker and longtime boyfriend. [Drama]
- Georgia Rule – A troubled young woman (Lindsay Lohan) is sent to live with her grandmother (Jane Fonda) for the summer, while hiding a secret that could potentially tear her family apart. [Drama]
- Elvira’s Haunted Hills – Spooky high jinks abound when Elvira finds herself spending the night in a mysterious castle en route to 1851 Paris. [Comedy]
- Stuntwomen: The Untold Hollywood Story – An action-documentary about the evolution of stunt women from The Perils Of Pauline (1914) and beyond, narrated by action star Michelle Rodriguez. [Documentary]
- Wish Upon – A teenage girl (Joey King) discovers a box that carries magic powers and a deadly price for using them. [Horror]
- Black Christmas – During their Christmas break, a group of sorority girls are stalked by a stranger. [Horror]
- Charade – Romance and suspense ensue in Paris as a woman (Audrey Hepburn) is pursued by several men who want to reclaim a fortune her murdered husband had stolen. Whom can she trust? [Mystery/Romance]
These films and many more are available for viewing on demand on ShoutFactoryTV.com; Shout! Factory TV’s Roku, Amazon Fire, Apple TV, and Android apps; and on various Shout! Factory TV branded channels, including Tubi, Amazon Prime Channels, and the Roku Channel.